It is easy to contribute. Here are step by step instructions to add a post right to the blog.
Step 2: Put in your username (firstname followed by middle initial followed by lastname preferred) and an email address. The website will send you your password, and the link to follow to signup the first time.
* Once registered, you may login by clicking on the Login link found at the bottom of the website in the footer.
Step 3: From the left sidebar in the dashboard, click on “Add New” which appears beneath “Posts” ( the “Edit” link will let you edit your old posts, the “Comments” area will let you manage comments on your old posts, the “Profile” area will let you change your password as well as update your contact information)
Step 4: Start writing your post
- For the Title, put in a meaningful title of 8 words or less.
- Type in your text in the content area… use the text editor at the top to format text.
- You can upload images into your posts. Simply leave the cursor where you want the picture within your post, then click on the “Add an Image” icon.
Step5: From the right sidebar of the dashboard, choose a category for your post. ONLY pick one or two categories.
Step 6: Add title keywords for search engines Scroll down until you see the All in One SEO module.
- Title: 5-10 words long, keyword rich.
- Description: Not necessary to fill out.
- Keywords: 1-10 keywords or keyword phrases, separated by commas.
Step 7: Only if posting an Event!!!
- If you want to post an event, scroll down to the Event Editor and click on the plus symbol. Adjust the starting and ending dates and times. Once you have entered dates and times, the post will be published directly to the Community Events Calendar. Doing this will automatically select the Community Events category.
Step 8: Preview and Publish
- If you want to preview your post, from the top of the right sidebar in the dashboard, click “Save Drat”, then click on “Preview” you will be able to see how your post will appear to a website visitor.
- If everything looks good, click on “Submit for Review” and your post will submitted to Everything Geneva Editors for review.
- You can always log back into the dashboard and click “Edit” to edit your posts or saved drafts.
- After you save, the post will go into “draft” where it will be approved by an editor before going live. After you do a few posts, and learn how to do it well, we will happily give you higher editorial status, to make the post go live without editorial review
- If you are talking about a business, always put its full contact information, including address, telephone and website address.
- 25o-400+ word descriptions… facts are good, local “insights” even better.
- Photos are preferred, they make the information more relevant.
- Links to any other related information should be included in post.